As of January 2017, I signed an agreement to merge The Vanway Law Firm clients into
The Thrash Law Firm and to join Erin Thrash as “Of Counsel”. Erin has possession of your hard file and
electronic file. She may need you to sign a new engagement letter to establish the attorney-client relationship.
I will leave that to her and you to discuss.
Being “Of Counsel” will allow me to partially retire and yet continue to be involved in your planning while having
more free time for relaxation, travel, sailing and reconnecting with friends and family.
Erin Thrash and I used to work together from 1999-2004 so we are very familiar with each other’s practice, use the
same software and have similar systems.
Like me, Erin is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law. We will now have one of the few law firms in
Central Texas with two (2) Board Certified Estate Planning attorneys as well as other attorneys and staff.
This merger will provide my clients with more firepower and staff. In addition to Erin Thrash, The Thrash Law Firm
also has two (2) experienced attorneys in Mike Carroll and Jan Jackson and two (2) paralegals … Meagan Coleman and
Allison Wallis. Erin also has the stability of owning her own building so hopefully no more relocations. The address
listed below is only a half-mile from my old office in Lakeway. Left to right below: Meagan, Jan, Mike, Erin and Allison.
Austin, Texas Estate Planning Attorney • Welcome to the Vanway Law Firm
Estate Planning & Business Law Attorney • Ken Vanway
- Board Certified, Estate Planning & Probate
- Member of the College of the State Bar of Texas
- Doctorate in Jurisprudence (J.D.) - South Texas College of Law
- ChFC (Chartered Financial Consultant) - American College
- Texas A&M University, BBA - Finance
Ken H. Vanway specializes in the areas of asset protection, income tax planning, estate tax planning, corporate planning and estate administration. Areas in which he has rendered advice and documentation include:
- Development of a personalized "Wealth Design Plan" to assist high income and high net worth clients to clarify their goals and then to minimize taxation and to provide a road map to clients and their advisors as to the critical path necessary to accomplish clients' goals.
- Design and implementation of advanced "Asset Protection plans" including the use of Offshore Trusts and other planning techniques.
- Living Trusts and Wills, and Powers of Attorney to avoid probate, avoid guardianships, and reduce estate taxation, including use of Bypass trusts and QTIP trusts.
- Various trusts to control and protect family wealth transfers including Dynasty Trusts and Wealth Accumulation Trusts and Enhanced Income Trusts.
Life Insurance Trusts to avoid taxation on life insurance.
Family Ltd Partnerships to protect family assets from lawsuits and creditors and taxation.
- Charitable Private Family Foundations and Charitable Trusts.
- Corporations and Limited Liability Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships for the operation of closely-held business interests.
- Tax-free conversation of corporations to business limited partnerships to avoid franchise taxes.
Note: Nothing in this Web site is intended or written to be used, and cannot be used by any person for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties regarding any transactions or matters addressed herein. You should always seek advice from independent tax advisors regarding the same. [See IRS Circular 230.] Full Disclaimer...